Monday, January 9, 2012

Introduction

I have worked in higher education since 1999. I'm not a teacher, but what some would call an administrator or a student services support staff member. I graduated with degrees in Botany and Horticulture and promptly moved to a state with very little plant life. I got a job doing menial data entry work in the local Admissions office and, little did I know, it was then that my higher education career began. I focused for several years on consulting, helping four year institutions implement computer software systems, working with office staff to determine new business processes and reporting. I have left consulting to work at a local institution in the Admissions office, focusing on data processing and operations. I've enjoyed the transition to a single home campus and am enjoying my staff benefits by going back to school to work on my Master's degree.

In this class I hope to further understand the practical uses of blogs and how to manage a blog of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment