Thursday, January 26, 2012
Isle Royale National Park Wolf-Moose Study
This evening I heard an interesting story on NPR about the longest continuing study known in the world following the food chain between prey and it's predator. The study is has been going on for more than 50 consecutive years. In this case it is the study of wolves and moose on the Isle Royale National Park in the Northwest section of Lake Superior. The study sounded interesting and the scientist who spends several weeks in the snow. I really perked up when I heard that the scientist, John Vucetich, maintains a blog for the New York Times. Mr Vucetich discussed how they fly every day to look for moose kills and areas where wolves have mated, as well as both live wolves and moose. It sounded like an interesting study and I might keep up on this blog, while I'm wrapped in a blanket in my non-snowy home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment