Monday, January 16, 2012

Gadgets - I'm not so sure

We've been asked to look into adding gadgets to our blogs. I've spent a few hours poking around what is available and I've added a few to my very simple blog. You'll find a calendar and a list of my favorite websites (or at least the favorites I'll share in this arena). I opted not to add the seemingly very useful gadget that emails followers blog updates. Many gadgets I looked at seem like a poor use of programming time. The gadget that shows images of swimming fish on the page was the one that made me ask myself, "You're a programmer, you have the knowledge and the ability to do cool stuff like this, and you opt to write code to have fish swim across my blog?"
I'll continue to investigate other blogs to see what else is out there and if there are uses I'd not considered.

2 comments:

  1. I think I agree with you. I am trying to figure it all out and wondering if it is really worth the effort as so many of the gadgets do not seem to be useful. I'm with you on the fish thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously your research into gadgets has helped you draw some conclusions that you may not have drawn if you had not tried them. You have bravely tasted the new food and then decided that it doesn't please your palette. That's fair. I use the gadgets just to interlink my students. I too am not a big gadget fan but I have added them from time to time to test them and then remove them.

    ReplyDelete